MSR Mutha Hubba NX Tent - Newly redesigned, the best-selling, freestanding backpacking tent has reinvented lightweight livability for three. Featuring a new floorplan that offers each occupant easy access to doors and gear, the MSR®
Mutha Hubba NX tent is the ideal tent for a minimalist trio backpacking deep into the Sierras in the heat of summer, or tackling the Appalachian Trail for an extended trip in the spring. The easy-to-assemble 3-person tent features a new frame geometry that improves ventilation and interior headroom, two easy setup options, and the most livable accommodations for 3-season conditions.
Ultralight: Minimum weight is 2.07 kg (4 lb 9 oz); Fast & Light option is just 1.66 kg (3 lb 11 oz).
Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; two large side-entry vestibules to store gear.
Livable: Two large StayDry™ doors with built-in rain gutters; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system with color-coded clips; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry™ door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Reinforced Infinity bar tacks and lap-felled seams
- Durashield™-coated rainfly and bathtub-style floor
- Compression stuff sack with pull handle
- Freestanding Fast & Light® setup options allow you to set up tent with rainfly only for ultra-minimalist trips.
- Side entry zipper orientation allows vestibule door to hang out of your way for unrestricted access.
- Large StayDry™ door features built-in rain gutter and waterpoof taped seams for reliable weather protection.
- Kickstand vent in rainfly aligns with mesh window to provide fresh air and minimize condensation, keeping interior dry and comfortable.
- Ultra-compact, side-loading compression stuff sack can also be folded inward and secured with compression straps to fit optimally in your backpack.
||6 guy cords, 6 aluminum cord adjusters
|Number of Stakes
||12 MSR Needle
|Fast & Light® Weight w/ footprint (Standard)
||3 lbs 11 oz
|Fast & Light® Weight w/ footprint (Metric)
|Packed Weight (Standard)
||5 lbs 0 oz
|Packed Weight (Metric)
|Floor Area (Standard)
||39 sq. ft
|Floor Area (Metric)
||3.67 sq. m
|Vestibule Area (Standard)
||14 sq. ft
|Vestibule Area (Metric)
||1.3 sq. m
|Tent Volume (Standard)
||81 cu. ft
|Tent Volume (Metric)
|Interior Peak Height (Standard)
|Interior Peak Height (Metric)
|Packed Size (Standard)
||21 x 7 in
|Packed Size (Metric)
||53 x 17 cm
||20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Durashield™ polyurethane & silicone
||20D ripstop nylon
||15D nylon micro-mesh
||30D ripstop nylon 3000mm Durashield™ polyurethane & DWR
|Country of Origin